Here is what spas and salons should do to keep staff and clients safe
The world has been hit by the most dangerous and rapidly spreading pandemic caused by the ‘Coronavirus’, also known as COVID-19. The virus spread across the world resulting in a complete lock down in many cities and even countries. It has caused a big hit to the beauty industry along with the world economy.
StyleSpeak has jotted down a few safe practices salons and spas must adopt to assure their clients as well as their staff that they are getting treatments done in a safe environment.
So, to start with, the most important thing is to know the symptoms right, and for that, you must know what COVID-19 is.
What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a respiratory illness ranging from common cold to Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV) and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV). While the virus is known to be zoonotic and can also spread from person to person via droplets. It is heavy and settles on surfaces which makes it important to sanitize all surfaces rigorously. It is also believed to remain suspended in air for several hours.
The COVID Infection Symptoms include:
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
What precautions should salons/ spas take?
Here are some precautions that should be take to keep your clients as well as staff safe.
- Have a thermal scanner at the entrance
- Equip your reception with alcoholic sanitizers
- Make sure you have 3 ply masks for your staff
- Do not panic if your client has a cold or fever–request them to come again later
- Keep all the wash areas and washrooms sanitized, clean and dry
- Clean all the corners of the facility with good quality WHO certified disinfectants
- Avoid treatments that take a long time
While there is a pandemic on this is the time to pay a little extra heed to health and sanitization. But there’s always a ray of hope and that’s what the beauty industry is gearing up to do soon – making others beautiful!