Mohammad Amjad the Champion of TIGI Backstage Heroes Season 2 Grand Finale
3000+ hair stylists from across the country applied for the contest across 6 categories and 250 were shortlisted. They underwent training conducted by TIGI Global Ambassadors giving them an inside look at the latest cut, colour and style techniques. Based on this, they resubmitted their entries and top 25 were selected for the grand prize in the finale.
To make the competition even more exciting, finalists in each category were given a theme that they needed to bring alive in their creation. The results were nothing short of stunning! The event was judged by a stellar jury comprising Gen Itoh, TIGI APAC Creative Director, prominent hairstylist Savio John Pereira; Mehernaaz Dhondy, Editor, Grazia and Andy Cheong, Regional Education Director TIGI Copyright Colour (Asia).
After impressing the jury panel with numerous sleek and sexy waves, sassy bobs, pop of colours and majestic updos as hair trends, TIGI Backstage Heroes finally announced Jalandhar Punjab’s Mohammad Amjad of Salon 11 as the ultimate winner of the season! He took home the coveted trophy and will soon go for a 7-day trip to the TIGI Academy in London.
The category winners included:
1. Copyright Colour: Named after TIGI Copyright Colour, this category tests the colourists skills Winner: Mansoor Ali
2. Powerplay: Men’s cut and style Winner: Pushkar Sen
3. Serious Glamour & Queen for a Day: Combined category for long hair styling Winner: Anil Vishwakarma
4. Masterpiece: Up styling with TIGI’s stand-out styling range Winner: Irfan Mohammad
5. Upfront: Short Haircut and styling Winner: Aly Hirani
6. Street Style: True interpretation of the origin of Bed Head by TIGI Winner: Mohammad Amjad
Speaking on TIGI Backstage Heroes, Pushkaraj Shenai, Head – Professional Beauty, Unilever says, “TIGI is made by the hairdressers, for the hairdressers. TIGI Backstage Heroes is the perfect platform for us to discover cutting edge hairstyling talent and give them a global platform. We are extremely excited to have our global experts come to India to train the candidates and unveil the brand’s future line-up.”